Worcestershire Sheet 49.03 Evesham & Bengeworth 1903 - published 1989; introduction by Stephen Roberts & WEA Evesham Local History Workshop
This detailed map covers the central and southern part of Evesham, with coverage extending across the River Avon to include Great Hampton and Little Hampton. The map is double-sided for maximum coverage and includes much of Bengeworth.
The main map covers the centre of the town from Central Market and Swan Lane southward. Features include All Saints church, St Lawrence's church, Avondale Mills, Bengeworth Bridge, Merstow Green, Town Hall, Vine Street, Abbey Gardens, The Workman Gardens, Owlett's End, Little Hampton, Great Hampton, many orchards and allotments used as orchards, Evesham Workhouse, Hampton Manor, Eastwick, Fairfield, Midland Railway with Bengeworth station, No Gains Farm, St Andrew's church.
On the reverse we include part of adjacent map 49.04 extending coverage eastward to include more of Bengeworth, where features include St Peter's church, old church site, brick works, cemetery etc. A list of private residents from an 1896 directory is also included.
Evesham and Bengeworth 1903 - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brands Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: Wo49.03
- Availability: 2