Staffs Sheet 40.12a Burton (North) 1882 - published 2011; intro by Barrie Trinder
We have published 2 versions of this detailed map of Burton, showing how it changed across the years. Coverage is of the northern and western part of the town, extending from the railway station northward to Wyggeston Street, and from Holy Trinity church westward to Lower Outwoods. The 1882 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful handcoloured First Edition OS map.
The many features include Midland Railway, many sidings, north part of station and many lines into the breweries; LNWR Dallow Lane Branch; Trent & Mersey Canal, St Paul's church, The Grange, numerous breweries and malthouses, Burton Workhouse, Outwoods Hills, Shobnall Mills, St Margaret's church, Horninglow Wharf, LNWR Goods station, Black Eagle Brewery, New Brewery, Middle Brewery, Middle Yard Cooperage, Holy Trinity church, Little Burton area, Derby Turn, chapels, etc. Each map has extracts from an early directory.
Burton (North) 1882 - Coloured - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brand: Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: St40.12A
- Availability: 2